Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shameless Self Advertisement

'Messing about in Small Boats at the Bottom of the Known World' is an idea I am pursuing that combines the concept of an unlikely knight errant and modern times. In support of that statement, suppose for a minute that you were not a British subject, that you were a short time from achieving one of your life's goals and that you were requested to abandon that goal in order to rescue some one you didn't like very much. Suppose also that the person making the request was none other that the Queen of England. What to do?

Well what can you do?

Mike Burgess, a dedicated but less than top ranked ocean racer pretty much does what you might expect. It is the getting there that we are concerned with in this story.

As an aside, let me say that I could use a collaborator. Someone who will help me with 'Britishisms', ( If that is not a word, it should be. ) someone female and versed in operating a sailboat under adverse conditions, and someone with a sense of humour. ( My own choice would be Ellen MacArthur but unfortunately I do not know her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment